Thursday, May 15, 2014

Break the addiction

I think i have done a pretty good job eliminating a lot of bad things from my life. I have stopped drinking pop almost completely. I have never once smoked a cigarette, and now that Wisconsin no longer permits smoking inside almost anywhere, I can't remember the last time I even smelled cigarette smoke.  My snacks (which used to be chips, or cookies, or whatever sounded yummy) now generally consist of a fruit or veggie and a hard boiled egg.

I broke another bad habit today, a habit that's really been bugging me lately. I guess I should say I started breaking it today, because it's only been about 8 hours. I don't know why I got hooked on it, it's mostly just a source of annoyance and stress and boredom for me. That habit is Facebook. I would look at Facebook on my phone probably 100 times a day. I don't know why, things don't even change that often on there (hence why it was a source of boredom) and when they did, it's almost always people sharing the same stories or cat pictures that 50 other friends had already shared - barf.

And so, for at least the next week, I am not going to use Facebook on my phone. I logged off and removed the shortcut from my home screen (no, I didn't uninstall it, there's something to be said for self-restraint). So we'll see how this goes and maybe I'll update later, even though I don't think anyone even reads this, but just in case someone does someday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment