Sunday, March 23, 2014

And now, a moment of revelation!

The other day, I made lemon pepper chicken with a side of broccoli quinoa bake for dinner. Every facet of the recommended meal plan was covered - protein, veggies, carbs, and... a pile of cheese.

I was feeling a little guilty about this. Then I realized that even though I planned on enjoying some cheese that evening, I shouldn't feel like I'm throwing away all my hard work at this "healthy living" thing. Two of my meals every day are incredibly healthy, a good portion size, and super easy to prepare. With that in mind, I am automatically eating better than I was before I started using these products 2/3 of the time!

Of course, I still try to prepare as healthy of meals as possible. Our household has been evolving slowly, building and growing into a "clean" household. That in itself is an improvement to my/our health, because we no longer put chemical-filled foods into our bodies (fluorescent orange processed cheese, anyone?). But my only point here is that instead of worrying about preparing three clean, healthy meals every day, I only have to worry about one. And if, on occasion, I decide to enjoy something that is not exactly recommended for a healthy lifestyle, I shouldn't feel guilty about it and then binge on junk for the next week because "I've already fallen off the wagon, I might as well keep going..."

It's a lifestyle, not a life sentence!

No comments:

Post a Comment