Thursday, February 20, 2014

Cravings? What cravings?

The most glorious part of my new, incredibly simple health adventure is that I am finding that I no longer crave sweets. Every morning at break time, I walk downstairs to get my cup of ice, and to get ice for my morning shake. While I'm waiting for Dave, I wander around the cafeteria.

In the past, I was constantly sucked in by the delicious looking muffins, strawberry or blueberry cream cheese croissants, or (if I was able to talk myself out of sweets that particular day) a bacon, egg and cheese burrito.  Lately, those cravings are gone. Instead of craving junk food, I don't even have to try to resist - it just happens. I look forward to enjoying my breakfast shake, and I try to get every last drop out of my Blender Bottle (yes, I'm guilty of the slurpy-straw noises, but I can't help it!  It's so good!) but when it's gone, I'm full and satisfied, and it actually costs less than what my other half gets for breakfast in the cafeteria every morning.  It's great!

In other news, tonight I hit the gym and for the first time in my life, I was able to run a mile without stopping!  I've never been able to do this!  Not even when we had to do it every semester in gym class!  And I could have kept going, but I didn't want to burn myself up in the first ten minutes!  I can't wait to see where this takes me!  I feel unstoppable! 



No comments:

Post a Comment